Evaluating Tier 1 Internet providers

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Aug 27 17:05:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013, Eric Louie wrote:

> Good stuff Justin - Any other criteria that you would use?

Joe covered a lot of good stuff in his response.

A few providers call themselves Tier 1, though the accuracy of those
assertions is often suspect.  The truth can be somewhat more
complicated... and exactly how much more complicated isn't always clear
until Provider X gets de-peered by Provider Y and finds themselves having
to negotiate a quick fix, often by cutting a check.

I would also ask people here who they have had very good experiences with,
regardless of what "tier" the provider fits into.

jms