Evaluating Tier 1 Internet providers

Eric Louie elouie at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 20:45:34 UTC 2013

Clued-in support is a good criteria.  (I've been using a broker for some of
my connections and there was virtually no value-add there, especially in the
prefix-list modifications, and a liability in other MACs)

That's a good point with the Tier 2 providers.  So that begs the question,
why wouldn't I just get my upstream from a Tier 2?  (Because my management
is under the perception that we're better off with Tier 1 providers, but
that doesn't mean their perception is accurate)

much appreciated,
Eric Louie