TCP Performance

Nick Olsen nick at flhsi.com
Tue Aug 27 17:11:52 UTC 2013

I do indeed have stats for "TX Pause Frames" And they do increment.
However, Our router is ignoring them since it doesn't support flow
control.
I guess my next question would be. In the scenario where we insert a switch
between the radio and the router that does support flow control. Are we not
only moving where the overflow is going to occur? Will we not see the
router still burst traffic at line rate toward the switch, Which then
buffer overflows sending to the radio on account of it receiving pause
frames?

Nick Olsen
Network Operations (855) FLSPEED  x106