Vancouver IXP - VanTX - BCNet

Jacques Latour jacques.latour at cira.ca
Wed Aug 21 03:43:44 UTC 2013

The main reason we are collecting feedback for Vancouver is that both VANTX and PIX are not member based IXP organizations, VANTX is owned and operated by BCnet, a R&E organization, and PIX is owned and operated by Peer1.

We heard from a few people in Vancouver that they would like to have a true open, neutral and member based IXP, the idea for the town hall meeting is to build the community around a Vancouver IXP.  BCnet has a good story to tell about VANTX, community support and IXPs across the province.

If you care about Vancouver, then let us know.  I'll see what I can do about the poutine :-)