Vancouver IXP - VanTX - BCNet

Christopher Morrell christopher.morrell.nanog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 03:02:06 UTC 2013

The old generation QIX (in Montreal) has been around a long time as an IXP where commercial players have been present. It was managed and operated by RISQ (a research network) but most of the members were commercial.

The new generation of QIX is managed much like TorIX and continues to be operated by RISQ.  There really isn't much new about the QIX other than how it is managed. It has always welcomed commercial players.

In Winnipeg, isn't there also the WPGIX? Do you have two competing IXPs in Winnipeg?