Trivium

Martin Hotze m.hotze at hotze.com
Tue Aug 20 06:43:33 UTC 2013

> Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:11:23 -0400
> From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick at ianai.net>
> Subject: Re: Trivium
>
> On Aug 19, 2013, at 10:42 , Blake Dunlap <ikiris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Without Google, how do you know where anything even *is*?
>
> Pretending that wasn't a troll, I wonder how much of the traffic these
> days is things like AppleTV, Roku, OS updates, iThing/Android 'Apps', etc.
> that do not require a user to type "www.bing.com" into the Google search
> box[*] so they can find the web page.

we're running a wifi hotspot system with about 1,000 users daily. The top 10 domains on the firewall stats (content filter) are apple and f*cebook domains. So when you plan filtering out apple and/or f*cebook you might also shut down the hotspot, because for most users the 'net' then seems to be br0ken.

> [*] I've actually see someone type "www.yahoo.com" into the Google search
> box, then use Yahoo! to search for something. Don't ask....

"Never type google into google because you can break the Internet!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqxLmLUT-qc
           damn, another google domain ... :-)

#m