Trivium

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Tue Aug 20 05:34:59 UTC 2013

On 8/20/2013 12:12 AM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>
>>> Without Google, how do you know where anything even *is*?
>>
>> ask that to 20% of the world's population
>

> Turning off  Google is essentially doing a  rm -rf  http:// www-wide
> analog to  rm -rf /    or  temporarily loss of the root directory,
> pending a fsck.

I disagree categorically with that.

Turning off Google affects at most my use of electric maps--they still
have a better setup than any of the others I have tried.

I use Bing, but there are lots of other engines around--some of them a
lot more honest.

The scary thing to me is that since most of the medicos I see have gone
to an Obamacare-compliant records system and all I see is people's
backsides at their computer terminal as they use a Google dialog box for
most of what they do.
--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: