BGP Route Issues

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 02:42:24 UTC 2013

Local Pref (which is common by the way to be set so customers > peers >
transit). AS Path doesn't beat it.
 You can only request people follow the routes you want ingress, there's
nothing you can do to force them to take a path to you short of
deaggregation, and that only works until they notice it, and it irratates
the rest of the world as well by using additional route slots.

Poor routing is purely a viewpoint problem, not necessarily in agreement
between all parties.

-Blake