APC UPS Advice/Guidance for Canada 120/240

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 21:47:27 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

We are in the market for a APC UPS, and had a few questions. We are not
that familiar with APC, and was hoping for some clarity. Our power demands
will be for a unit that will sustain 3 kW/4 kVA scalable to 8 kVA.

Input:

The first issue is that I see all the units default with 208v input (other
inputs 240v). At my location we only have 120 or 240. Also, we do not want
to use a transformer (240-120) as it adds another failure point that can be
avoided...

The unit we are looking is found here:
http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SYA4K8RMP&total_watts=500

Output:

Hard Wire 4-wire (2PH + N +G)NEMA L14-30R[image: NEMA L14-30R]NEMA
L5-20R[image:
NEMA L5-20R]

What? How do I plug our 120 PDU into this?

STONITH:

This will be for a cluster that will require stonith capability. Does
anyone know if this unit supports that? Not so important as the previous
two questions...

Kind Regards,

Nick.