CNN broadcasting online free? Hogging my bandwidth...

Zachary McGibbon zachary.mcgibbon+nanog at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 01:24:14 UTC 2013

I noticed my bandwidth graphs were a little out of whack tonight and after
much digging through pcap files I found that my chrome tab with 'cnn.com'
had a live stream of cnn playing on the right side halfway down.

It seems this started around 8am this morning and it was a macromedia tcp
flash stream on port 1935.

Did they decide to give free CNN to everyone today?  Or is this a goof?
 Either way it chewed up a lot of my bandwidth which doesn't come cheap
here in Canada, eh?

Also, sometimes it says:

Watch CNN will resume momentarily

on the feed but it's still pushing traffic.  What a pain!

Turning off the 'free' Piers Morgan feed now...

- Zachary