How big is the Internet?

Caruso, Anthony acaruso at mre-consulting.com
Wed Aug 14 18:47:11 UTC 2013

You guys are cracking me up and I'm getting odd stares.  Now stop it.  I've got to get this "internet" thing on a CDROM for my boss by 5p so he can review it tonight...

On Aug 14, 2013, at 1:43 PM, "Wayne Wenthin" <wayne.wenthin at cascadetech.org> wrote:

> According to The IT Crowd...
>
> http://vinipsmaker.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/the_internet_it_crowd.gif
>
> That big.
>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:
>

>> Researchers have complained for years about the lack of good
>> statistics about the internet for a couple fo decades, since the
>> end of NSFNET statistics.
>>
>> What are the current estimates about the size of the Internet, all IP
>> networks including managed IP and private IP, and all telecommunications
>> including analog voice, video, sensor data, etc?
>>
>> CAIDA, ITU, Telegeography and some vendors like Cisco have released
>> forecasts and estimates.  There are occasional pieces of information
>> stated by companies in their investor documents (SEC 10-K, etc).
>>

> --
> Wayne Wenthin
> Technology Services
> Cascade Technology Alliance (CTA North - Multnomah ESD)
> Office: 503.257.1562
> Cell: 360.818.4283

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments.