Looking for a part-time contractor..

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. amitchell at isipp.com
Mon Aug 12 18:00:22 UTC 2013

All,

I hope this is an ok place to post this - the people on this list have a unique skill-set and world view that is exactly in synch with that for which we are looking. :-)

We're looking for someone for some very limited (in terms of hours) part-time contract work..but ongoing, regular work… the person needs to have a keen sense of "why did this email fail delivery" and/or "why is this email going to the junk folder" and "why did this email end up blacklisted" (this is for email sent by white hat senders, or at very least senders who are trying to be white hat - *not* for black hat stuff).

So, basically, someone who, when shown an email (full headers, etc.) their first thought would be to check whether authentication was set up properly, is rDNS set up properly, what does the content look like, what are the IPs of the various hops and are any of them blacklisted, etc. etc..

If anyone here has that background/skill set and might be interested in, say, 5 to 10 hours a week extra work (remote, time of day not important so long as they are available most days, so ideal for picking up some extra cash after $DAYJOB), please let me know offlist.  Please also feel free to send this to anyone you think might be a good fit, so long as you'd be willing to vouch for them.

Thanks!

Anne

Anne P. Mitchell, Attorney at Law