204.17.16.0/20 Unreachable via Comcast ASN 7992; Looking for Help or Contacts

Tony Tauber ttauber at 1-4-5.net
Thu Aug 8 16:39:44 UTC 2013

It's a fair question and had nothing to do with the other network (TW
Telecom, in this case, not TIme Warner Cable).
Sorry for not filling in details sooner.

We recently needed to adjust the scale profile on some of our Cisco ASR9k
trident chip (80gig) Line Cards as we reached . The default profile only
supports up to 512k routes and will notify that CEF has run out of
DATA_TYPE_TABLE_SET space as a result. The profile change required (profile
13) requires a reload of the chassis. please be advised.  You might want to
review with your local support team.

The symptom involved BGP neighbor instability and unreachability of some
destinations.
Shutting down that particular BGP session was a temporary work-around until
the adjustment could be made during a demand maintenance window to minimize
disruption.

Thanks,
Tony