questions regarding prefix hijacking

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Aug 8 00:19:01 UTC 2013

In message <bd2d7aeac3fa49afa090e4869977d227 at BLUPR03MB166.namprd03.prod.outlook
.com>, Marsh Ray writes:
> [...]

Yes.  I've even had to configure my DHCP client to auto generate requests
to get the whitelist updated when my ISP gives my cable modem a new address.

They are used all the time to allow access to DNS servers.  If fact we
ship nameservers where the default setting whitelist particular sets
of clients (directly connected) by default.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org