questions regarding prefix hijacking

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 7 08:58:57 UTC 2013

On (2013-08-07 11:20 +0300), Martin T wrote:

> on Internet? Has there been such situations in history? Isn't there a
> method against such hijacking? Or have I misunderstood something and
> this isn't possible?

Certainly practical scenario, but in many cases not needed at all. In most
cases upstream does not do any automatic prefix filter generation, it's
maybe somewhat popular in mid-sized european shops but generally not too
common.

There is active on-going work to secure BGP and you may want to read up on
'RPKI' which is further along that track.

--
  ++ytti