RPKI and Trust Anchor question

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Aug 6 13:32:13 UTC 2013

On Aug 6, 2013, at 12:25 AM, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:

> John,
>
> Thanks for the update! It's good to hear that progress is being made.
>
> Is there a place where the challenges and solutions are being discussed publicly? It's interesting that you raise DNSSEC in comparison since the two technologies have many similarities. One of the things that made DNSSEC successful was the wide-ranging public discussion that not only led to concerns that would likely not have been uncovered otherwise, but also solutions to those and other problems.

Agreed.  I believe that it is necessary to do the same with respect to
any global trust anchor architecture for RPKI, and believe that much of
this needs to take place initially in the IETF sidr working group.  The
first step of that process is to have an initial draft doc for discussion
(which is presently being written by the ICANN/RIR technical folks.)

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO