IPv6 and HTTPS

Erik Muller erikm at buh.org
Sun Apr 28 02:21:43 UTC 2013

On 4/27/13 1:22 , Jima wrote:
> On 2013-04-26 23:08, shawn wilson wrote:
>> There's ways around it for most software but old jetdirect stuff,
>> switches, routers, ip control systems. Things are going to be 6to4 for a
>> while. In fact I won't be surprised to see little hardware boxes that do
>> it for $30 or so (probably late with this idea but have no need to know).
>
>   I hope you mean NAT64; 6to4 is, at best, iffy to support.  I do like the
> $30 hardware device idea, though -- I haven't seen anything like that yet.

The idea's been done, eg http://www.gogo6.com/gogoware/gogocpe.
Not quite down to $30 there, but it'd be fairly easy to roll custom
firmware to do 6rd or similar on a raspberry pi or beaglebone black at
about that price point.  Finding the business case and figuring out how to
support it is the part that gets tricky.

-e