IPv6 and HTTPS

Jima nanog at jima.us
Sat Apr 27 05:22:18 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-26 23:08, shawn wilson wrote:
> There's ways around it for most software but old jetdirect stuff,
> switches, routers, ip control systems. Things are going to be 6to4 for a
> while. In fact I won't be surprised to see little hardware boxes that do
> it for $30 or so (probably late with this idea but have no need to know).

  I hope you mean NAT64; 6to4 is, at best, iffy to support.  I do like
the $30 hardware device idea, though -- I haven't seen anything like
that yet.

  The majority of what I think of when you say "control systems"
shouldn't be directly connected to the internet anyway, even with ACLs
-- or so I gleaned from the nice folks from DHS. ;-)

      Jima