"It's the end of the world as we know it" -- REM

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Apr 27 03:11:44 UTC 2013

On Apr 26, 2013, at 10:49 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

>>> amusing how much curran is interested in asserting his/arin's power and
>>> rights and how little he speaks to the interest of the internet and the
>>> isps.
>> The power is in the hands of this community
>
> what bollocks

Well, given that anyone can participate in the policy process (including via
remote participation and still be counted), and policies are generally supported
by an average of about 50 participants, it's actually in the hands of nearly any
group of folks that gets organized towards an outcome and wants to participate.
I guess it's presumptuous to assume that it would be this community participating,
but frankly as long as that opportunity is readily available, then self-governance
is occurring.

FYI,
/John