"It's the end of the world as we know it" -- REM

cb.list6 cb.list6 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 15:01:45 UTC 2013

On Apr 25, 2013 10:29 PM, "joel jaeggli" <joelja at bogus.com> wrote:

> On 4/25/13 10:16 PM, Matt Palmer wrote:

>>> Heh... that's why I put all kinds of question marks and hedges :)
>>> That's disappointing about aws. On the other hand, if aws lights
>>> up v6, a huge amount of content will be v6 capable in one swell-foop.
>>
>> Even if the only thing that supported IPv6 was ELB, and everything else
was
>> still IPv4 internally, that'd put a lot of traffic on IPv6 very quickly,
and
>> ELB is something *entirely* controlled by AWS (you CNAME to an ELB FQDN,
AWS
>> takes care of resolution and proxies a TCP connection to your instance).
>
> elb ipv6 support has been in place for some time (may 2011 for us east
and ireland)

> "IPv6 support is currently available in the following Amazon EC2 regions:
US East (Northern Virginia), US West (Northern California), US West
(Oregon), EU (Ireland), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), and Asia Pacific (Singapore).?

Yeah, I thought AWS ELB supported ipv6 too.

But if your ELB is tied to a VPC, that is NOT supported. I learned that one
the hard way, and now that is one less site that would be ipv6 but is not.

CB.