IPv6 and HTTPS

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Fri Apr 26 07:29:28 UTC 2013

Hi Jay,

The DTC hosting control panel team had a chat about this issue earlier
in the year.

http://gplhost.sg/lists/dtcdev/msg03482.html - Interesting reading.

I followed a little, but decided that SNI just isn't worth our time.

In my personal view, an hour spent on SNI is an hour wasted that I
should be spending on IPv6.

There's still more than enough IPv4 space about, it's just going to get
more and more expensive.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=49&topicid=116328

I'm happy to put IP space costs on my customers to help fund my IPv6
progress where I can.

I agree with others that there is still way to much XP and other non
supporting platforms and I suspect that by the time we get those out of
the system we'll be most of the way there for IPv6 access.

I feel a bit like it's a case of "am I committed to IPv6 or not?".