"It's the end of the world as we know it" -- REM

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Fri Apr 26 05:27:19 UTC 2013

On 4/25/13 10:16 PM, Matt Palmer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 07:49:03PM -0700, Michael Thomas wrote:
>> On 04/25/2013 07:27 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
>>> AWS stands out as a complete laggard in this area.
>> Heh... that's why I put all kinds of question marks and hedges :)
>> That's disappointing about aws. On the other hand, if aws lights
>> up v6, a huge amount of content will be v6 capable in one swell-foop.
> Even if the only thing that supported IPv6 was ELB, and everything else was
> still IPv4 internally, that'd put a lot of traffic on IPv6 very quickly, and
> ELB is something *entirely* controlled by AWS (you CNAME to an ELB FQDN, AWS
> takes care of resolution and proxies a TCP connection to your instance).
elb ipv6 support has been in place for some time (may 2011 for us east
and ireland)

"IPv6 support is currently available in the following Amazon EC2
regions: US East (Northern Virginia), US West (Northern California), US
West (Oregon), EU (Ireland), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), and Asia Pacific
(Singapore).?