"It's the end of the world as we know it" -- REM

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 22:10:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Valdis Kletnieks
<Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> I didn't see any mention of this Tony Hain paper:
>
> http://tndh.net/~tony/ietf/ARIN-runout-projection.pdf
>
> tl;dr: ARIN predicted to run out of IP space to allocate in August this year.
>
> Are you ready?

I have sadly witnessed a growing number of businesses with /24s moving
to colocation/aws networks and not giving up their unused network
space. I assume this will come into play soon. I have already read the
news of blackmarket sales of network allocations in Europe.

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~