Fiber cut in SF Bay Area?

Robert Glover robertg at garlic.com
Tue Apr 16 15:45:44 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm only posting this here because the Outages list appears to be broken.

I've got confirmed reports (from Cogent and Megapath) that there is a
fiber cut affecting service through the South Bay.

We have Cogent fiber circuits down in Campbell and San Martin.   In San
Martin, AT&T cell phones have no service whatsoever, DSL service is
spotty.  Landline and DSL service in Gilroy is almost completely gone.
We know of a Cogent fiber link in Campbell that is down as well.

Anyone have any additional info?

-Robert

Anyone have any further details?   The issue seems to have started
around 1:00am PDT or so.

-Robert