Google Wants to Create a Dotless Domain Called "Search"..?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Apr 15 16:03:58 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "." <oscar.vives at gmail.com>

> What is the problem that people is trying to solve here? is this the
> correct place to solve it?

Wow; really?

The problem is "Google isn't *quite* a monopoly, yet, and we'd like to be,
even though that's evil".

And the answer is "no, it's not".

In general: no, no one should be allowed to operate a registry for a
public domain for "internal" use, and no one should be allowed to put an A
record on a one-element gTLD.

Cheers,
-- jr 'what, me? opinionated?' a