[ PRIVACY Forum ] Huge attack on WordPress sites

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon Apr 15 14:29:03 UTC 2013

apache's mod_security comes in pretty handy for reducing the
cpu load caused by these attacks; we've seen many sites we
host getting hammered on the wp-login.php page from these
bots.

Here's the rules that block the bad requests:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wCpp7U5uOw_krEkQrm9NXFf2LjpGvlZ7uoOK
0Ok4LGM/pub

David