Quad-A records in Network Solutions ?

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Wed Apr 10 07:42:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 08:13:49PM -0700, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:
> On 4/9/13 5:47 PM, Jared Mauch wrote:
> > Can you point is at the right address or form to submit regarding this? Seems like its time for both on AAAA and DS.
>
> Jared,
>
> Joe is an employee of the corporation, a rather high ranking one. As I
> mentioned in my response to Mark, he _may_ be in a position to
> encourage both legal to develop new language for future addition to
> the RAA, and the Registrar Liaison to socialize the issue to those RAA
> parties who are members of the Registrar Stakeholder Group within the
> Contracted Parties House of the GNSO, and the Compliance team.
>
> As a matter of policy development you should expect that Registrars
> (recall hat) have been presented with ... proposed new terms and
> conditions that ... are not universally appreciated, and so one must
> either (a) impose new conditions unilaterally upon counter-parties,
> arguing some theory of necessity, or (b) negotiate a mutually
> agreeable modification.
>
> There is a lot of heat lost in the ICANN system, so to re-purpose the
> off-hand observation of John Curran made recently, operators having
> some rough consensus on desirable features of RRSet editors may be a
> necessary predicate to policy intervention. As I observed to John, the
> ISP Constituency within the ICANN GNSO has been an effective advocate
> of trademark policy, and no other policy area, since the Montevideo
> General meeting, in 2001.
>
> Eric
>
> P.S. I may be turning in my Registrar hat in the near future.

	From the Beijing mtg of ICANN - There is a real concern about the
	disparity of requirement;

	the pre 2009 contracts,
	the 2009 contracts,
	the proposed 2013 contracts.

	unfortunately the 2013 contract language is pretty much baked
	and the only wiggle room is bringing the old contracts into compliance
	with the 2013 text.  The trigger for the change now is the introduction
	of new TLDs.

	the one other avenue is to take this ti the ATRT2 folks and get this
	included as a matter of ICANN perfomance.

	OR - just move to a registrar who gives you what you want and not
	empower ICANN with the ability to set/control operational choice.

	YMMV of course.

/bill