Closing the gap to improve the capacity of existing fiber optic networks

. oscar.vives at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 16:45:13 UTC 2013

On 9 April 2013 15:09, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> “Our approach is so flexible, network operators could adjust capacity to
> respond to increased demand, for example from people following big sport
> events like the Olympics," added Dr Schröder.

As a Internet user:  We want more bandwidth every second and every minute
of the day.   We don't want to wait for youtube videos to stream,  games to
download,   we don't want lag in our videogames while other member of the
family is streaming a movie.   Give me 2 tera/s, and I will have lag in my
mmorpg game while my dad watch 4K video from Netflix. It will not be
enough. Never enough is enough. Theres only one answer More, and is all the
time 365 days every year. +1 a leap year.
I suppose the line is to try to explain it to no-internet users. But is
still weird.

ℱin del ℳensaje.