Verizon DSL moving to CGN

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Apr 8 05:38:42 UTC 2013

On Apr 7, 2013, at 18:21 , Rajiv Asati (rajiva) <rajiva at cisco.com> wrote:

> Dual-stack in the home networks will stay with us for a long time (beyond 2020!) until v4-only user devices and v4-only apps get refreshed.

I disagree. I think that v4-only apps and devices will get relegated to being connected through v4-v6 adapter appliances until they are fixed.

IPv4 is simply going to become far too expensive to maintain to be able to deliver it for residential pricing.

> Of course, this doesn't mean that the ISP access needs to stay dual-stack, thanks to MAP, 464XLAT etc.

Right... Those are some of the ways that maintaining IPv4 will become so expensive. ;-)

Owen