route for linx.net in Level3?

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri Apr 5 01:01:34 UTC 2013

>> yikes!  this is quite ill-advised and i don't know anyone who does
>> this, but i think all my competitors should.
>>

> Its more common than uncommon.
>
> At WIX (Wellington), 64 out of 93 members will carry packets destined
> to APE (Auckland Exchange).  (source:
> http://conference.apnic.net/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/50706/apnic34-mike-jager-securing-ixp-connectivity_1346119861.pdf)
>  and this is just New Zealand!
>
> Just checked a few exchanges, not just are the IXP ranges being
> carried, they're being leaked:

i am not unhappy by the exchange mesh being carried within a member and
being propagated to their customer cone, see my nanog preso of feb 1997
and leo's recent post.

it's putting such things in one's igp that disgusts me.  as joe said,
igp is just for the loopbacks and other interfaces it takes to make your
ibgp work.

randy