route for linx.net in Level3?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Thu Apr 4 20:10:45 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-04, at 15:53, Brian Dickson <brian.peter.dickson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Leo Bicknell wrote:
>
> Even if the exchange does not advertise the
> exchange LAN, it's probably the case that it is in the IGP (or at
> least IBGP) of everyone connected to it,

I have experience of several networks where that is not the case. IGP carries routes for loopback and internal-facing interfaces; external-facing interface routes are only known to the local router; pervasive next-hop-self for IBGP.

So, no great survey, but don't assume that everybody does things the same way.

Joe