Speedtest Results speedtest.net vs Mikrotik bandwidth test

Dennis Burgess dmburgess at linktechs.net
Thu Apr 4 15:30:17 UTC 2013

The MT speed test is a multi-connection test, think 20 streams or connections at once.    Most web based tests are single stream.  Now you get into 802.11N speedtests where they are optimized for many connections MIMO operations, hence, a single connection don't show good results, where a MT test at 20 streams would.

Dennis Burgess, Mikrotik Certified Trainer Author of "Learn RouterOS- Second Edition"
 Link Technologies, Inc -- Mikrotik & WISP Support Services
 Office: 314-735-0270 Website: http://www.linktechs.net - Skype: linktechs
 -- Create Wireless Coverage's with www.towercoverage.com - 900Mhz - LTE - 3G - 3.65 - TV Whitespace