Speedtest Results speedtest.net vs Mikrotik bandwidth test

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Apr 4 15:29:40 UTC 2013

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> RFC4989 TCP Extended Statistics MIB. M. Mathis, J. Heffner, R.
>     Raghunarayan. May 2007. (Format: TXT=153768 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED
>     STANDARD)
>
> Looks like a taker to me.  Also, see the work the Web10G group is doing for
> Linux: http://www.web10g.org

RFC 4989 doesn't seem to officially exist. Ah, it's 4898.

Yes, RFC4898 seems to contain a lot of interesting information, question
is how to destill this down to something the user can understand and that
is of interest for a support engineer who might be trying to diagnose the
customer problem.

I agree web10g seems to be of interest as well. I'm going to read through
their documents tomorrow.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se