Speedtest Results speedtest.net vs Mikrotik bandwidth test

Chris Hindy chindy at lwpca.net
Thu Apr 4 00:20:29 UTC 2013

I can run two speedtest.net session side by side on my home network on one
laptop, and over VPN to my employer's Long Island locale on a second,
pointed at the same speedtest server, over the same wifi and ADSL and have
the VPN connection report speeds that are (a) 50% better on VPN than not;
and, (b) exceed my ADSL's hard cap by 10+ mbps.  That smells a bit fishy
to me, all in all.

-c