Speedtest Results speedtest.net vs Mikrotik bandwidth test

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Apr 3 22:35:33 UTC 2013

On 3 Apr 2013, at 23:20, Warren Bailey <wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com> wrote:
> Try it with upwards of 900ms of variable latency.

The last crazy result I got was 146mbit/s on a hardwired 100 mbit link  and 1-2ms latency to the speedtest.net server I was using at the time (same data centre).  Testing this sort of thing with high latency and jitter is understandably hard, but I didn't see a good reason at the time why it should have been so badly out with good underlying network characteristics.

Nick