MikroTik + EAP-TLS + Non-Channel 1 / Apple iOS issues

Thomas York straterra at fuhell.com
Wed Apr 3 13:55:31 UTC 2013

I know a few of you guys are using MikroTik offerings in the enterprise, so
I hope to pick your brain(s). I have many, many RB433UAH's deployed
worldwide as simple WAPs. I've been looking to move to 802.1x EAP-TLS via an
external FreeRadius server. I have our HP Procurves using the FreeRadius
server without issue. Infact, the only devices that seem to have issues are
the MikroTik devices.

For one, only channel 1 seems to work with 802.1x. If I change the channel
to ANYTHING else, clients refuse to auth. Secondly, newer iOS devices (iOS 5
and newer, I believe) refuse to auth entirely. I have an older iPod touch
that is on iOS4 that can authenticate on channel 1.

Have any of you guys seen issues like this? Thanks.

-- Thomas York