Open Resolver Problems

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Apr 2 02:38:00 UTC 2013

On Apr 2, 2013, at 9:09 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> With all due respect, sir, you are mistaken.
>
> Even in such populous areas as San Jose, there is a limited selection to a majority of the customers, especially if they want more than 1.5Mbps.

I lived in San Jose for several years, and had several choices for broadband - the one I chose was much faster than 1mb/sec, had an AUP which specifically allowed me to run a server, and didn't try to cap my bandwidth, or disable the use of p2p apps, or whatever.

I moved away from San Jose in at the tail-end of 2007.  It seems likely that at least the same level of choice prevails there today . . .

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton