FW: Open Resolver Problems

Milt Aitken milt at net2atlanta.com
Mon Apr 1 15:55:34 UTC 2013

Most of our DSL customers have modem/routers that resolve DNS
externally.
And most of those have no configuration option to stop it.
So, we took the unfortunate step of ACL blocking DNS requests to & from
the DSL network unless the requests are to our DNS servers.

Suboptimal, but it stopped the DNS amplification attacks.