BCP38 tester?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Apr 1 14:09:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 09:34:31 -0400, Alain Hebert said:

>     I'm sad to confirm that my spoof test was successful with a:
>
>         . SageMCom modem+router, which is used by a big TelCo around my
> part, for both their residential and commercial ADSL2+, VDSL customers.

You might want to check more carefully exactly what the failure mode
was.  I'm willing to bet that the router has been configured to assign
addresses inside a specific RFC 1918 /24, and will do Something Terrible
to spoofed packets in that range, but will figure you know what you're
doing and pass them if you source a packet from outside that /24.