BCP38 tester?

Jima nanog at jima.us
Mon Apr 1 04:36:17 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-31 08:48, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> Is there a program which users can run on an end-site workstation which
> would test whether they are being some link which is doing BCP38, or some
> related type of source-address ingress filtering?

  I don't have a canned solution, but I've had good luck testing with
nmap (-S and -e are relevant) while running tcpdump (and filtering for
the protocols/ports) on a remote host.  I can happily report that
someplace upstream of my home connection is doing some filtering --
nice.  I still need to test at work.

      Jima