RIRs give out unique addresses (Was: something has a /8! ...)

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Sep 28 12:07:29 UTC 2012

not how i read that section Owen...

"...networks require interconnectivity and the private IP address numbers are
 ineffective, globally unique addresses may be requested and used to provide this interconnectivity."

One does not have to request RFC 1918 space from ARIN (or other RIR)

and the NRPM is mute on legacy address assignments wrt "connectivity".

/bill