RIRs give out unique addresses (Was: something has a /8! ...)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Sep 28 02:32:17 UTC 2012

I believe that this section of NRPM says no.

4.3.5. Non-connected Networks

End-users not currently connected to an ISP and/or not planning to be connected to the Internet are encouraged to use private IP address numbers reserved for non-connected networks (see RFC 1918). When private, non-connected networks require interconnectivity and the private IP address numbers are ineffective, globally unique addresses may be requested and used to provide this interconnectivity.

Owen