Ethernet OAM BCPs Please are there any yet???

Jonathon Exley Jonathon.Exley at kordia.co.nz
Wed Sep 26 16:34:08 UTC 2012

The ITU recommend the following levels:

5,6,7 = Customer
3,4  = Provider
1,2  = Operator
0    = Local segment

I don't know if there are any rules of thumb for the CCM interval - faster is more sensitive & unstable, slow is sluggish but stable. The spec allows between 3.33 ms and 10 minutes in 7 steps, with 1s being the midpoint. So we use 1s intervals.

I'm not sure if the other parameters you mention are configurable for CCM. I think the packet has a constant size. Are you wanting to also do Y.1731 performance management?

Jonathon

This email and attachments: are confidential; may be protected by privilege and copyright; if received in error may not be used, copied, or kept; are not guaranteed to be virus-free; may not express the views of Kordia(R); do not designate an information system; and do not give rise to any liability for Kordia(R).