Announcing APNIC IP's in ARIN region

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Sep 25 20:56:12 UTC 2012

Wayne,

This isn't entirely true...

As a general rule, most people have no objection so long as a given
organization that is getting space from RIRs conforms to one of the
following:

	Get from the RIR where HQ is located.
	Get from the RIR where addresses are deployed.

For example, an organization in the APNIC region that wanted to deploy
a router at a US XP and announce their space there is entirely valid.

An ISP headquartered in the AfriNIC region that expanded into Europe would
be able to use their Afrinic space for that expansion as well.

Owen