Real world sflow vs netflow?

Peter Phaal peter.phaal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:52:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Joe Loiacono <jloiacon at csc.com> wrote:
> OK, Well I guess I was thinking sFlow was primarily a switch oriented
> technology versus on a layer-3 peering router.

The sFlow technology is a good fit for any device that performs a
packet forwarding function (including routers) and the sFlow.org web
site maintains a list of switches and routers that implement the
technology,

http://sflow.org/products/network.php

However, you are correct that today sFlow is more broadly implemented
in switching platforms than routing platforms, but I expect this will
change as network speeds increase and platforms converge.