the economies of scale of a Worldcon, and how to make this topic relevant to Nanog

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sun Sep 23 23:41:07 UTC 2012

I think you mean AT&T / wayport. They have ruined a number of hotels that I stay at. When you talk to support they always claim "unusual" event load due to the guests involved.

I'm not expecting 50mbps in the room, but not getting past 256k or 512k defeats the purpose of asking me to offload their cellular network. (Which seems to not be congested by the same population).

Jared Mauch