Big Temporary Networks

JÁKÓ András jako.andras at eik.bme.hu
Sun Sep 23 19:50:19 UTC 2012

> Second, in the hotspot scenarios where this is likely to be a problem
> (in IPv4 -or- IPv6) it's addressed by the "AP isolation" feature
> that's getting close to omnipresent even in the low end APs. With this
> feature enabled, stations are not allowed to talk to each other over
> the wlan; they can only talk to hosts on the wired side of the lan.

Not related to the original subject, neither to IPv6 usability on WLANs,
just a small comment: As far as I understand "AP isolation" doesn't work
if you don't have a WLAN controller but do have more than one APs. E.g. in
the following setup

ap1--sw1--sw2--ap2

with "AP isolation" turned on, clients associated to ap1 cannot
communicate directly with other clients associated to ap1, however they
can communicate directly with those associated to ap2. Broadcast from
ap1's clients does also get to all clients at ap2.

Regards,
András