Throw me a IPv6 bone (sort of was IPv6 ignorance)

Richard Barnes richard.barnes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:50:41 UTC 2012

The folks that have done the most work in enabling IPv6-only end users seem
to be CERNET2 in China.  To let people get to v4, they're using what they
call IVI (get it?), which is basically NAT64+DNS64.
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6219>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAT64>

If you don't mind running IPv4 in a tunnel over that IPv6 network, you can
do DSlite or 4rd
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6333>
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-despres-intarea-4rd-01>
<