The Department of Work and Pensions, UK has an entire /8 nanog at nanog.org

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Thu Sep 20 19:09:46 UTC 2012

On Sep 19, 2012, at 7:09 PM, Brett Frankenberger wrote:
> It works fine if the gateway has multiple routing tables (VRF or
> equivalent) and application software that is multiple-routing-table
> aware.

If you are arguing that it is technically possible to build an environment in which every piece of software is aware at an application level whether or not a given service is inside the network or outside the network and thus eliminate issues with routing overlaps… uh, sure. I agree that you can do this in a very customized environment.

Now if you want to suggest that most businesses with a diversity of applications and access methods should be doing this, in order to allow overlapping IP usage on the internet, I'm going to have to point and giggle.

I really love how everyone keeps advancing these "businesses should rebuild their entire infrastructure, at their cost, and with no benefit to themselves, so that I can use their IP space!" arguments. Ya huh. Right.

--
Jo Rhett