The Department of Work and Pensions, UK has an entire /8

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Thu Sep 20 04:21:45 UTC 2012

Leo Vegoda wrote:

> There was even a dedicated mailing list. But the drafts never made it beyond drafts, which suggests there was not a consensus in favour of an extra 18 months of IPv4 space with dubious utility value because of issues with deploy-and-forget equipment out in the wild.
>
> The consensus seems to have been in favour of skipping 240/4 and just getting on with deploying IPv6, which everyone would have to do anyway no matter what. Is that so terrible?
>
> Regards,
>
> Leo

Thats one suggestion. There are others. I cant determine which is more
prevalent, the IPv4 hate or the IPv6 victim mentality.

How does hindsight slow-mo replay this call of consensus?

Why is this cast as a boolean choice? And how has the getting on with
IPv6 deployment been working out?

That the discussion continues is in and of itself a verdict.

Joe